JOB TITLE: Check-In Specialist
DEPARTMENT MANAGER: Business Manager
IMMEDAITE SUPERVISOR: Office Supervisor
The Check-In Specialist is responsible to the Office Resource/ Resource Assistant, Assistant Administrative Manager or Administrative Manager in his/her absence. The Check-In Specialist will perform duties as assigned. Primary duties include but are not limited to verifying patient demographics, collection of patient co-pay, entering visit info into EPRO, printing of encounter forms, communication with nursing staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent customer service skills.
- Greet patients with a smile.
- Verify insurance information & eligibility, verify demographic information, collect patient co-pays, mail routing
- Work closely with Check Out to ensure insurance information is collected and posted.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a clear manner using appropriate grammar and spelling.
Good organizational & time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize work appropriately and produce results efficiently.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines as well as change assignments with short notice.
- Must be self-motivated and take initiative.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, and self-confidence.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong follow-up skills.
- Must have good problem solving skills with the ability to make appropriate decisions.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and show respect towards others